Saturday, October 09, 2004


I just went to the local Co-Op for Milk. You practically feel like you need a bodyguard there this time of night. Its totally spooky and very rough. When I lived here as a kid the shops were a hive of activity. We had everything here, and mostly two of everything so you had the choice. Two Chemists, two butchers, bakers, three newsagents. Now the ranks of shops are empty and barren, all bar four shops with metal shutters with a slight opening big enough to get in and out and burly security on the door. Only the Co-op and the offy (Off license) was open this time of night.
The co-op had a few people in there buying fags on their way out for the night. Catch the bus into town and get pissed, smoke a spliff or two then stagger home and crash all Sunday.
I feel like an alien living here sometimes.
Anyways I'm contemplating going to the cinema except I'm still delicate from last night. It's my ex husbands birthday tomorrow. Always confused as to what to do. I gave Danz some money and she bought Simpson socks and a big card that Abby refused to sign. Now she expects things on her birthday then she should really sign it. Danz did it for her. He just rang me to ask if I had a Carpenters CD he could lend. His music taste was always appalling (ok the Carpenters aren't that awful) but no I do not own one. The kids say he plays Pop music (5ive and s club) in the car and sings very loudly whilst driving at no faster than 20 miles per hour.
Anyways enough small talk. This was tonight on the way back from the local shops. Look at that sky! Posted by Hello

No comments: