Saturday, October 09, 2004

Weekenders

It's 2.30 and I haven't stopped yet. Unusual for me considering I was up puking last night, a mix of some weird food and drink. Plus I don't usually emerge from bed till midday Saturdays. But this week I've gone crazy on eBay and I had parcels to collect!
So we set off and got there at 10.45. 15 mins before they close those red post office doors.
There was a really terrible woman driver infront of me trying to get up the very small lane. The post office depot is stupidly situated. She caused traffic chaos by driving on the pavement at such an angle no-one could get by. I cussed and tutted and inched round her and parked where it said strictly no unauthorised parking (always the rebel) the gasped at the queue. There must have been 30 people snaking out of the tiny collection point room.
I joined the queue. It was cold and we didn't seem to be moving. The woman driver appeared in the queue after me as did another 20 people. After a few minutes we got talking , due to a rumour in the queue that on the dot of 11 they shut the doors and we couldn't get our packages. I suggested we start a riot. But woman driver said we were far too British. 5 people down a mother with a little 4-5 yr old boy was trying to get him to stop poking people with his sword. In front of me were two rather nice men, who I engaged in polite conversation ('what have you come to collect? Something in brown paper packaging?').
I told everyone I'd gone mad on eBay. Ornaments, clothes. Its the thrill of winning. I never win normally. I have to win its addictive. Someone pointed out that it's not actually winning, as I have to pay for it (bastards) I also had ordered £30 worth of Lush online products. A young girl behind the woman driver, was collecting plane tickets to Portugal. Flying tomorrow morning. We decided we'd have to start a riot or she wouldn't be flying.
The it was my turn. The Posties looked flushed (in a work not fun way) he disappeared and came back with 7 parcels. The queue laughed at me. I told them I couldn't help being popular (jealous bastards). I told postie that there were at least 150 people behind me but he better not try shutting the door as one of them had a sword.
Everyone else had a respectable one to two parcels (dull) and we all left for our respective next destinations.
I shopped some more in Bedminster, the Beirut of the West Country, where washing your hair makes you look over dressed.
The after a little stop in Greggs. We went home and I opened my pressies like it was Christmas. What fun, three ornaments, boots, 2 sexy tops and lush stuff.
Now I'm cold, I put the heating on and am going to lie on the sofa and watch some Kids TV crap. (Dick and Dom rule ok)

No comments: