Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Stop the Roundabout I want to get off

Work was manic today. Non stop action. Imagine standing in a small room with 20 kids running around, a few of them screaming and the odd one singing Postman Pat songs.
I was working with my friend, but she's a manager. She has loads of stuff to do besides the nursing bit. Consequently I found myself alone most of the day. The doctor and me growled at each other much of the morning. We were so busy we didn't have time for social niceties.
It was also our ward receptionists last day and I had a cream cake party arranged to present her with the flowers and flake chocolates I'd bought. I finally found a tiny slot at 1.30, we crammed in the office and left the patients outside (no not out in the cold tsk...you think this is the NHS??!). I told them we were having a Holby City moment.
Then I had to deal with a crabby two year old who went berserk because I took his coat off. He clutched onto the sleeve and yelled blue murder. Coat, home he yelled. And he could yell I tell you.
My bubbles were a great success but left gluey marks on the floor! haha that's children's wards for you!
I'm disappointed, my aim to be more like Holby City hasn't progressed well. Unfortunately the bed hopping, man stealing, getting pregnant, drunk and naked in theatre just doesn't happen in real life. Mind Lyn did get locked in the Linen Cupboard once with the Linen top-up man. But he only had one eye and a limp. So no gossip there.
Aww when I got home today I had an email from someone very lovely, who I haven't heard from in ages and I was so happy. Bless


1 comment:

Keith Horowitz said...

Wow - that cream cake looks yummy! And I forgot my oreos today. I might have to go down to the shop and get a doughnut or something.