Thursday, October 14, 2004

Poor Abby

Remember Abby having her belly button pierced? Well don't say I told you so but it's no longer pierced. I think the problem was that at 6 weeks she was desperate to change the bar. She bought these cheapy ones from Argos that she liked and changed them, It started to look nasty then. Gradually her body has rejected the metal and the area has necrosed until this morning when I looked the bar was showing through her skin and after cleaning it the bar pulled right out leaving a hole.
She was absolutely distraught. She sobbed on the sofa for ages and felt sick. She was so proud of having had it done. She said nothing good in her life goes right for her.
I told her that basically if she wasn't mature enough to accept that sometimes piercings go septic than she wasn't mature enough to have it done in the first place.
Anyways for some reason she has a sore hip as well and walking hurts? Weird. So she was sent home from school.
I'm not sure I was a 'good' mother for letting her have it done. But they learn from their own mistakes not ours.

No comments: