Friday, August 19, 2005

Woo

I had a good birthday yesterday. Actually quite a hectic day that didn't allow for self pity or wallowing in misery. Hooray!
I visited work for an hour, one of the doctors I used to work with back in 1988 was there and we sat reminiscing for ever. I really feel I could go back to work now.
Then we had a sort of garden party with Pizza and Baileys! And the next door neighbours. As the light disappeared I switched on the garden lights and we played old songs like the Stylistics until midnight, singing along.
Then today I got a lovely present of a DIY kit complete with /scream*! cordless drill. OMG Shelves galour I think, though Abby says not in her room.
The girls have been fascinated with the whole kit and arguing about whose going to put the stuff back in it.
The girls got me cool stuff including the Foo Fighters DVD that Abby has sat watching and muttering this is so cool over and over!
Now the only problem is what to do with the packaging. Bloody bin day and they won't collect cardboard.
Next door filled the pool up yesterday with foam and that was lots of fun. Ashley cut my grass for me. I like a nice mowed lawn. I wish you could all see my garden because I've worked so hard on it, it's so pretty. The sunflowers must be nearly six foot now. Day of the triffids part deux.
I had pretty odd dreams last night, including a jet crash close to here. Driving NOT under the influence of Effexor is pretty hairy. I went out to collect the pizzas last night and wow, I shouldn't have been on the roads at all. Damn stupid drugs.
The kids are off for the day with Shelter so I get some peace. A day for me. Woo
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

Keith Horowitz said...

Wow - happy birthday - glad you had a grand time!