Sunday, August 21, 2005

Bewitched... unfortunately not


We went to see Bewitched. Kind of a birthday thing. Abby wanted us all to go. I was looking forward to a light airy funny movie... how could a film with Will Ferrell in it not be funny?
Bewitched is that Non funny film. I laughed twice, throughout the whole 90 minutes, which felt so so much longer.
Nicole Kidman was totally lightweight, the witches cat was more believable. The so called 'magic' between her and Darrin was sadly missing. Shirley Maclaine was dreadful, her part was a waste of time. Never went anywhere at all, and she looked very old.
Nicole spoke in a breathy girlie voice all the time which pee'd me off. Will Ferrell's PA was a vile tiresome man with no charisma, no point and not funny. I wanted him to disapear. The potential of having fun with magic was lost.
Nicole's wardrobe was horrendous, all cable sweaters and pearl buttoned cardigans. Vile.
The ending was so naff I wanted to walk out. All smushy kissing and pathetic love. I was not convinced. Problem was I hated the Jack (aka Darrin) Character (Will Ferrell) and he never redeemed himself. This is quite possibly the worst fim I've seen in ages. I'm positive this has nothing to do with my mood either. I am fine :)
Wished I'd gone to see Heidi!

No comments: