Tuesday, August 16, 2005

arrrgh

What is it with this ploy, originally designed by men but taken up by kids (esp my kids) of not doing a task properly, so you won't ask them again?
Abby is by far the worse one. Danz is actually quite conscientious. I feel a little brighter today. But the house is a mess, prob due to having them all home. Scoubies all over the furniture, books and cds out. Then there's Abby's stuff. The towel she had on her hair last night, on the floor. Her magazines, her clothes, her shoes, her crockery on the floor...Just left there till her sister takes it out.
So I ask them to help tidy. Abby got vacuuming the kitchen. Well a total waste of time. Didn't even look like she'd turn the vacuum on. Amusing? Cute? That's Abby? NONONONO Not amusing or cute, fucking maddening.
Wait, just wait until she's at work and has to do something and tries the half assed approach. I hope they tear into her like Hyenas.
In 15 years nothing I've said has done the trick. She was up till 3 am watching movies. Didn't emerge until 2 pm this afternoon. She thinks she's on New York time. She says she's tired.
I'm a bit hurt that she hasn't taken me being unwell seriously. Not that I WANT her to fret but I do need some help. Maybe she's totally pissed off with me.
Oh well what goes around comes around and I won't be tearing myself up to buy her stuff.

No comments: