Saturday, August 20, 2005

Germ free Knickers help to win war


British Soldiers Get Germ-Fighting Undies - Yahoo! :

"Military officials said Thursday the unisex trunks were made from artificial fibers for comfort, with silver particles woven into the material to prevent sweating.
'It is coated to prevent bacterial infection, and we have tried to arrange the seams so that they don't chafe,' Col. Silas Suchanek, who led the team that procured the new equipment, said Thursday."

Well I've never thought about soldiers pants before, but I guess on long route marches their knickers could chafe sensitive areas. Preety regimental looking though aren't they and the guy on the left doesn't look too pleased to be the chosen model. The only soldier I ever knew used to go commando. He said it was cooler. Far sexier. Wish I could see the 'Off Duty Sandals' they now provide. Complete with long socks too???

1 comment:

clarrie said...

remind me to tell you all about cycling shorts sometime.