Friday, August 19, 2005

A great help.... Not

Last week, when I was so down, I wrote to my psychiatrist and told him how I was feeling. All about the wanting to die. How hard the Effexor withdrawal was etc.
I saw him last 2 weeks ago. He said he'd see me in 2 weeks time. But today I get a letter with an appointment for 20th September. What an incredible waste of time. I'm actually quite angry about it all. I feel that they've stopped my drugs with not a word that it would cause me any problems or be difficult and left me in the deep ocean floundering.
Even when I do cry for help, they ignore it. My own GP said the effexor withdrawal pattern they were proposing was too radical and too quick, but I'd assumed that because they were the psychiatrists they knew best... Wrong.
I've been on the sodding drug for 5 years, what does it matter if it take s me a little more than 6 weeks to get off it. If you search online, people take years to come off it safely.
I am really cross today. They haven't done right by me at all. They have no idea what it's like to withdraw from SNRI drugs. They have never been depressed or Manic. I'm really quite upset and feel like what's the point? Waste of time seeing them. They don't care anyways.

No comments: