Monday, August 29, 2005

Bank Holiday Monday


What to do on bank Holiday? Marie rang me this morning. Love her, she knows I find holidays difficult. A time when everyone is in their family units. But I was in my family unit too. Danz and me went for a walk.. A whole hour. I took some pictures of the area. Some of it ok but some of it terrible. The closed down shopping area, the bad architecture. You can see them on Flickr that I finally broke down and joined. I like the idea of having my photos saved somewhere in case the PC crashes.
Then we went out to lunch. We wanted to go into the country, and sit in a pub garden. So we chose the Ring O Bells in Compton Martin. I've been there before. Old rustic and well kept with good plain cooking.
We didn't get there until 13.30. A lot of people had left. Abby wanted to sit inside. But they'd refurbished it. Kids weren't allowed in the bar areas at all. There was a dark little family room with baby toys. Not at all suitable for my girls.
So we moved to the garden. The garden is well kept, lush lawns and play equipment for kids. The day was sunny but not too hot. The Setting?... The Mendip hills in the distance... Perfect?
No, plum in the middle of the garden was a noisy bouncy castle monstrosity. One of those ones with a huge slide.
Then a blonde woman came into the garden with a white basque on. The DJ? Heck, she started playing very loud and very bad music. A strange mix of hideous 90's pop and 70's pop. Ronan Keating VS Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel.
I wouldn't have minded too much but it was LOUD. So loud you couldn't talk. Background music might have been ok. Personally I went to the country to get away from such distractions. I wanted to hear birds and listen to kids playing.
So we ate (which was ok) and left.
But at least we did something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

D'ya know what?
This sounds like you again :)
More comfortable with yourself again. More relaxed.
Glad you had a good Bank Holiday (if a bit loud in places that should have been quiet)
(I had to work. Boo! Hiss! Evil bosses!!! LOL)
*hugs*