Tuesday, August 23, 2005

worry

I'm trying to claim for Disability Living Allowance. I did have it and then they took it away. But the tax credits office seem to think I should still get it... So I reapply again. Trouble is, I've just realised that by filling out those forms and trying to get back onto DLA it's reaffirming my idea that I am mentally ill. When actually I don't want that tag. I just read a self help forum and these words sprung out at me.

"I am realizing how invested she is in seeing herself as mentally ill."


I want to be normal. I don't want any of this bloody crap, Doctor's visits and drugs anymore. How did it get this way in the first place? I also read this line

It seems the more creative the mind, the more open to depression

Wish that applied to me though, unfortunately my depression was caused by being married to a lump of brain dead male species. And evolved.

I was thinking last night about all the people I've met since the 'cosy' marital unit was split. All the people I met and things I did that wouldn't have happened otherwise.
I've met some wonderful people. I've met some idiots too, but they were extremely few and far between. I was just thinking about everyone last night. A touch of reminiscing. Damn I hope they think of me just as Trin and not 'crazy' Trin.

1 comment:

truly27 said...

----It seems the more creative the mind, ----the more open to depression!!!

I've read that before, and I completely agree with that. I am very creative mentally. I am great at writing and love to daydream and come up with new ideas. Depression has always been a big thing for me and I think it's because we think too much.