Monday, August 29, 2005

Paint Me


A few years back, I used to go to church. A social event really as I do not believe in any form of higher being but I do believe in living right and caring for each other. I think religion causes wars and deaths but that's my opinion and no one else's.
But I went to church with good people and used to get something out of it. Until the Vicar left the church then left his wife and kids. Bad Man.
But I digress, one Sunday there was a woman out the front singing and swaying and giving her all for the good lord. I used to feel jealous of her. She used to say God visited her, touched her, listened to her, answered her prayers. Now seeing this 'God' never once 'spoke' to me despite the fact I tried so hard, I was really jealous of her. I used to think she was a far better person than me. Maybe she is. Who knows?
One particular Sunday, she said that on her way out one morning in the week, she was suddenly struck by how colourful the world had became. The red's were so red and the blue's were so blue. Personally I thought she was on a touch of LSD, but she said God had touched her and made the world a brighter place for her.
At the time my life was very grey. Very little light permeated my mind. There was black and white and most of it was black.
Don't laugh at me, but on the way back from the pub today (I drank diet coke!) I noticed such vibrant colours every where. I was struck by the flowers, the different greens of the fields, the varying leaf colours. It was a slow thing but gradually I realised I was noting colour. Enjoying colour.
It's the drugs... Coming off that evil chemical.
And if you laugh at me, I'll pinch you.
xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me again ;) Sorry :D Not really stalking you LOL
I go with a simple view on anyone who may be upstairs. I believe in some undefined God, I just don't believe in religion :) So basically babe, stay content with whatever belief you're comfortable with :D
There's a bucket load of colour out there. Best I know is a silver birch in spring with the sun hitting the lime green leaves and dazzling off the bark in a glorious white-gold blaze. Challenge anyone to look on that and feel nothing.
;)

Anonymous said...

I agree. Religion is everyones own belief. I believe in something out there, but not sure what or who it is. I really believe in KARMA, and respecting everyone and myself.

As far as color (as us Americans say it, hehe) goes, every so often I notice how beautiful the world could be. I'll drive home and see the bright white on the mountaintop, or the beatiful flowers and trees. I know what you mean.

truly27 said...

Sorry, that anonymous was me... I forgot to sign in.... hehehe