Thursday, February 23, 2006

NME Awards

NME my fav read.
The awards tonight. I thought The Brits was well dull. Well I enjoyed Prince (amazing man) and Gorrillaz. But the show was dull, the lighting was crap. Far too light, no atmosphere. Too office like and as for Chris Evans... What a f...ing prick. Funny? Huh.
So onto the NME's.
Already totally low key. Nice set. Like the tardis.
Razorlight kicked off. I like Johnny Borrell, he's hot as fuck. But the track was a bit dull. His voice carried it for me though.
Arctic Monkeys predictably won New Band. They're funny. So Northern and very gritty. Good Album... I DO have the best cd collection Mr Grumblemag Sir.
I love you JulianThen The Strokes Won Best International Band. Juicebox is my fav Track a la moment. I saw them play at Reading. I truly Love Julian Casablancas. In fact I had a bit of an obsession going a few years back. Best Male Appears to be Kanye West. He's a weird guy. I don't like that music at all. I guess If I was pissed up on Vodka Shots I might dance to his music? Maybe.
Ok The Long Blondes have won some award with a long name. Berets are in.
Best live band are...........Franz Ferdinand. They didn't turn up so Peter Hook gave the award to The Kaiser Chiefs. Ummm really, he gave it to them because FF didn't turn up.
Ooooh KC want to give the award to The Cribs. You don't get this much fun at the Brits.
Ok now we have Dirty pretty Things. Carl Barat's new band. Best thing he did was ditch the Libs. They were ok. Sort of.
Russell Brand is getting on my bloody nerves.
Oh Dear Live 8 won the best DVD, Sir Bob took the award. He called Russell a Cunt and Russell didn't like it. Well he shouldn't be such a cunt them should he?
Some dull awards. Harry Potter won best film. Jarvis collected the award and made some Coldplay joke.
Gorrillaz won an award. For their live shows. Clever Cartoon 3 d live shows. Wish I'd seen them.
Shaun Ryder took the award
"Channel 4's programme regulations forbid Ryder from ever appearing on a live Channel 4 programme regardless of what time of day it is. This stems from two appearances on pre-watershed show TFI Friday in 1995 where he repeatedly used the word "fuck".

Well he was on E4
Now we have The Sugababes doing 'Bet you look good on the Dance floor' Christ they look nervous. The new girl out for the first time. Kinda brave in front of these Real Rock stars AND the Arctic Monkeys. They sound 'girlie'
Backing band are a bit crap though.
Arctic Monkeys won the award for best song for that song. He said thanks to the Sugababes... but "wrong key" though.
YAY It's Preston. I love Preston. Presenting Best Album. And the Winner is...... KAISER CHIEFS. Employment is a brill album. Still not got over not getting a signed one from Bloody Amazon though. Gits.
Ok. I'm bored of writing now. Not as if I'm any sodding good at it anyways.
I'm off to watch Pete Doherty do a turn... yeah.
Nite xxx

No comments: