Thursday, February 09, 2006

more badness

Just when I'm feeling a bit less down, something else comes along to knock me. I feel so sad and cross actually. My sister and her husband have 2 step kids... The ones we went to Disney Paris with last year... Jack and Jenny.
Him and his ex wife haven't a good relationship... (a bit like me and my ex), but they have trundled along. He pays a whacking maintenance and is a good dad. My sister loves the kids.
Last night, his ex rang to say they are emigrating to Australia next month. Can he arrange to send the maintenance out there.
He's devastated and I'm so upset for them, and to be honest all of our family because we love them and they're an intregral part of our lives.
How can she take them away from their dad like that?
And expect full money?
It's so sad.

1 comment:

Donna said...

That is so unfair. Why is there no legislation protecting childrens' access to their parents? He must be devastated .. I don't know a whole lot about family law, but it seems there should be something he could do to stop it - having seen grown men scaling buildings dressed as superheroes I guess they were driven to it by situations like this.