Tuesday, February 21, 2006

TV is destroying my brain

So, the end of a perfect affair means that I'm once again relegated to doing stuff like watching TV and blogging in the evenings.
FFS, I just watched Eastenders and cried at Ian losing his mother (who left the soap about 7 years ago and was also killed in Footballers Wives)
Now it's the dire Holby City on. Actually Holby City has a lot to answer for. I'm pretty sure it was my comment, to a rather jovial parent, that I got most of my nursing skills from that Soap that got me into trouble last month. Not with the parent, who thought I was hilarious, but the stuck up fucking anal bitch I was working with.
Holby City makes me feel relatively normal. Damn if I had a life like that lot, I'd be in Barrow psychiatric hospital.
My back pay came today... Yay... Not. Do the math. I got a £1 and hour pay rise 14 months ago.
I work 22.5 hours a week... So a quid an hour over 22.5 hours a week x 4 x 14 months?
You reckon a lot?
Right BEFORE tax it was £ 300.
After tax? Don't talk to me about it. Nothing seems to go right. Money wise I've been let down so much this past year. I was expecting a fairy decent sized inheritance from my Gran. It was whittled down to practically nothing.
It was less than I'd EVER imagined it would be.
I can't go into it here. It wouldn't be right but I was really hoping that money would help me dig out of this pit and it never materialised.
I won't forget that. I will never forgive.
Never mind. I'll get over it and I'll survive.
My life isn't that awful.
Ooooh looks like some doctors going to be tragically mangled in a lift accident in Holby. Of course that happens every day in the NHS.
This is boring to me. Now maybe if Aliens landed? Ah that's next weeks episode.

fun fun fun
BTW anyone caught that "fantastic" reality TV show on 'Cold Turkey' 4 people withdrawing from Heroin.
The studio turned into a hospital ward. We get to watch them puke and shit themselves and writhe around in agony. All on primetime morning TV. Cold Turkey with your tea and morning toast.
Fab.
Have we all gone stark raving fecking crazy? And I'M the mad one?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't be as dull as being stuck in a grotty flat in Cheltenham flaps. Hell, I am even seriously considering joining a male voice choir tomorrow.