Tuesday, February 28, 2006

chewsday

"All day long they work so hard
Till the sun is goin' down
Working on the highways and byways
And wearing, wearing a frown
You hear them moanin' their lives away
Then you hear somebody sa-ay

That's the sound of the men working on the chain ga-a-ang
That's the sound of the men working on the chain gang"

Sam Cooke 1960

The car's gone in for an MOT. As I walked home I resisted the urge to throw lumps of mud at the road-work men.
Every single exit from this area is blocked by roadworks. Every time I go past they seem to be leaning on their spades and chatting or smoking. No wonder Englands roads are in a dilapidated state. I'd like to be their senior manager. I'd make the bastards work. Bring back the chain gangs.
I just rang that damn school again. They said they'd get someone to call me back. Yeah and Pigs might fly. Can't wait for my Ofsted comments form.
Last week Abby went to catering. The school can't provide catering classes for them. No teachers, so they use the local college. She goes there every Tuesday afternoon.
It costs me £ 2.50 in bus fares a week. That's a tenner a month... To get to college? FFS. Last week her and Amy were on the bus stop. The bus driver stopped but refused to let them on. They were school-kids, he refused to take them. Consequently they were 15 minutes late to college. And their stupid teacher subjected them to a 25 minute tirade of anger at their lateness. Now Abby's anxious about catching the bus and being late. How can kids learn like that? The damn school should provide transport... at least there. It's their fault she has to travel there.
It's Pancake night... We're making them at Rainbows again. Let's see how many Marie can burn this year ;P
Then home for Holby City. Deep Joy
This week Ric leaves Nic in charge and Jac is unhappy.... Fuc.

1 comment:

Donna said...

LOL @ Holby. That is what I too - with my 'exciting' life ;o) have to look forward to this evening ... oh, and OU ... how good does it get?