Saturday, February 11, 2006

pill pictures paternity


Typical. I bought Abby a Kodak Digital Camera for Christmas. Purely for her St Lucia trip.
Last night she told me it wasn't working. I thought it was the batteries, so we got some today and I tried the damn thing.
Still didn't work.
Blast.
After 10 minutes, I decided she'd have to take mine and took the SD card out of the Kodak for her to take. The SD card was hot and smelt of burning. So I removed the batteries, they were too hot to hold.. Absolutely burning hot and the camera now smells of electrical burn.
Now, I'm panicking. I hate taking broke stuff back... I can't find the box I came in. But I remembered that the women who sold me it, did a very hard sell and sold me a twenty quid insurance policy for it. No quibble replacement thing. I took it because I thought... St Lucia... She might drop it and be devastated.
Ok so it's be brave time and call them tomorrow and see what I need to do... You reckon I'll need the box?

My back is intermittently very painful... An odd pain though. Very muscular, and no idea what I've done... Then I read this
"Lamictal's Not So Common Side Effects: Lamictal (lamotrigine) is earning a reputation for muscle aches, everything from just a twinge in your neck or back to full-body aches that make you wonder if you were possessed by some spirit that made you participate in a triathalon the day before and have no memory of it. Keep the water handy, because Lamictal (lamotrigine) can give you a really dry mouth. Don't be surprised if you get anxious or have other hypomanic effects if taking it for bipolar disorder. Another not-so-common effect is a type of insomnia where you're tired, but you can't sleep".


So it MAY be that... and if it is..Well ok. I can cope with that. The pills are really helping (if I can remember to take them... They're due at 8 am and I took them just now. Oh dear)
The pill thing? It's ok.I'll resume normal routine soon. My head has been knocked this week but I can feel it sorting itself out and I'll be back to full function soon.
My bro-in-law has been to a solicitor about his kids and the Australia thing. There's not a lot he can do but ensure that they both know there's always a home for them with him, should they ever want it. And have a contract that says they have to return to the UK twice a year and she HAS to partially pay for the tickets.
And of course reinforce the fact they he loves them more than anything else in the whole world.
Danz said, she was there when his children returned from that Australia 'holiday' last month. A whole 4 weeks without seeing their dad.
Jack threw himself into his dads arms, kissed him all over and said he'd missed him so badly.
Bless, he's 9. He loves his dad so much and I just find it incredibly sad that the relationship will be severed.... Because a twice yearly visit is hardly fatherhood.
I'd have loved my girls to have had a decent relationship with their dad, but you can't make a father out of a total twat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As far as I know, you only need the box if returning goods for a refund. When the item is faulty within warranty, all you need is the receipt. Is there any way the batteries could have been incorrectly inserted? I'd imagine not, but the heating would have been caused by reversed polarity or something shorting out in either the battery terminals or the camera itself. Presumably the only charger ever used on it, if there is one, was the one supplied with it? All these things being so, you should be fine, it should be covered, extended warranty or not! If on the other hand, you think something might have 'accidentaly' happened, then just play dumb - let them work it out! Did you check the memory card? Just in case it got damaged by the heat.