Friday, February 24, 2006

fried friday

"In the beginning when we were winning
When our smiles were genuine
In the beginning when we were winning
When our smiles were genuine

Now unforgiving, the everlasting
Everlasting"

Manic Street Preachers Everlasting

I've just wasted three hours in The Citizens Advice bureau.
I got there at 10.10. There were three others waiting. Apparently it was quiet this morning.
I got called in at 12.15. A nice girl called Vicky. Aged 20 or 21. Young. She asked me my concern. I got out my paperwork and told her all about the Housing Benefits office and my council tax problem.
She wrote it all down and went to seek advice from a senior colleague.
She came back with a Breakdown of Earnings form. She said if I filled it out they would tell the council how much I could pay back of the monies I supposedly owe.
As for the fact the council STILL haven't written and informed me that I owe this money? She said she felt the letter had probably got lost in the post.
She did try to ring the council tax office but there were 8 people in the phone queue in front of her and then the message on the phone said the systems were down and would be for the rest of the afternoon.
After an hour She asked if she'd been any help. I nodded but inside this person said 'No actually this has been a waste of time'.
She advised me to ring the council tax place myself Monday. Why? I've already done that once and it got me nowhere except rather upset.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I got out. The car park cost me 3 quid. I went home. The traffic was dire. Lunchtime and the traffic is as bad as rush hour. Guess it's Friday.
I was stuck in a jam for ages. I was dying for a pee and had tummy ache. When I get frantic I have a touch of IBS. But haven't had it for ever. I MUST be stressed.
A big white van drove through the jam and plonked himself by the side of me and tried to nudge in. I ended up having to let him in otherwise he was going to cause an accident.
You know that film? The one with Michael Douglas where he goes around shooting people who annoy him?
I wish I HAD a gun.

Bad things happen to me for a reason. I deserve them.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

No, you don't.

Jude said...

Don't shoot they don't have ipods in prison and they don't let you go out to gigs.