Thursday, February 16, 2006

flour flour everywhere and not a cake in sight


City chaos as flour lorry crashes

I left for work at 2pm today and came across this nasty flour truck incident as it happened. A Hovis lorry on it's side with tons of flour spilt all around it (looked like wholemeal... nice and healthy).
The traffic inbound into the city was horrendous and I felt empathy for those fed up looking drivers.
I got into work and warned everyone not to go home that way.
(Besides it was raining and we all know what happens when you mix flour and water!)
So when work was finished at 8pm... I wanted to hurry home for the Brits...So which way did I go?
Yep... The flour way. I really thought that by 8 pm they would have cleared it. But no. Not likely. The traffic was way backed up the Portway and I took an hour to get home, it may have taken longer but I ditched the queue and drove through the city centre in the end.
The traffic in this city is abysmal. The amount of road works everywhere, the stupid lights system and these traffic calming measures that cause jams that were never there before.
I'm a miserable enough driver as it is!!!!!

1 comment:

Donna said...

You couldn't invent a story like that!!