Saturday, February 18, 2006

gym bunnies

I'm becoming a gym whore. I've been there two days running. I can do 14 lengths of the pool now... Ok don't laugh but I really am unfit and need to build up my stamina again.
I do hate the kids in there though, but it is a nice place and I can see why parents take little ones rather than the stark nasty council pools.
Today I noted two lads come in (of about 20), they made headway for the Jacuzzi. They spent ages in there, messing about splashing each other, doing somersaults and generally leering at people who walked by. Basically being idiots. No one joined them in the jacuzzi. Their antics put people off and I could see they loved it.
So, I got out of the pool and joined them. They didn't look amused and were forced to tone down the stupid behaviour.
I wasn't to be intimidated though. After 5 minutes I went into the steam room.
There were three people in there. You couldn't see through the thick fog and I sat there enjoying the tranquility and peace. I have this fantasy of meeting a stranger in there and.......... Well ok make the rest up yourself. But I KNOW my own fantasy.
The door swung open and in came Dumb and Dumber. They sauntered in and laid out on the benches. The benches were wet and as they sat down their trunks made a loud farty sound.
They burst out laughing and proceeded to make fart noises over and over. The other three people got up and left.
I stayed there. I smiled to myself. The way to cope in a steam room is to sit up. If your laid down the air content is less and your lungs start to feel the lack of oxygen.
They stayed laid out like lords, giggling and being stupid. Talking is also not so easy in the steamy atmosphere.
I thought to myself, lets see how long these BIG MACHO boys last.
Suddenly one sat upright. "I feels a bit faint" he proclaimed to his mate. "I can't sand it either" his mate moaned and they left. They lasted at least two minutes.
I laughed out loud after they'd gone.
Pair of idiots. An asset to the community .... Not!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next time you want the jacuzzi to yourself, just announce as you get in "Ooh I love this, it flushes all my crabs away" or "You don't mind if I have a pee do you - oh, too late"

Steamroom/Sauna does wonders for the skin, but it doesn't matter where you go, there's always some fool who thinks they own it. Been my experience anyway!