Friday, February 03, 2006

hello


I bet you lot get fed up of me saying... It's been a bad week.
It's been kind of worrying and stressful but I've coped and maybe come out of it thinking I'm not quite as crap as I'd assumed.
Wednesday the new bed was delivered. Plus the bedroom carpet was laid. I haven't had any carpet in there for a few years now so it's a treat to step out of bed not on floorboards.
But in the middle of these things happening my friend who I've been kind of seeing on an off was taken poorly. Quite scarily suddenly poorly. A cerebral event. Small but enough to upset everything.
The nurse in me took over. Never doubt me in a crisis. As long as it doesn't involve my own body I can cope.
We dealt with doctors and hospitals and nurses and finally safely off to his own hospital to be sorted out.
But it has left me incredibly sad and hollow. And a bit lost. And feeling a bit selfish that I should feel that way really. And I miss him and that's also wrong.
Also work was interesting. The work problem last week escalated and it was alleged that a lot of people had a problem with me. A comment entirely unfounded and ignored by the senior staff. I now think it's all very silly. Particulary after Wednesday's events. It simply doesn't matter. But I am a little angry at the spite of a certain person. I won't retaliate or address it. It will be left to die but I doubt I'll ever forget it.
This weekend I'm going to Cardiff with 'The Girls'. The bad girls! I'll tell you all about it next week... And take some pictures. Collette still reckons that's not her boobs you know!
I've got some red wine and a huge box of Thorntons chocolates and some batteries. What more could I want?
I need the break. Just wish I knew all was going to be well with my friend.
Makes you think how precious life is. Live each day and ignore the crap.
Hmmmmm heed your own words Trin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice if you've found somebody decent Flaps. (NOT married we hope!) Good luck.

You seem to have the work problem much more in proportion. Bad job, that! My advice, go and smash the offending person repeatedly around the head with a full bedpan. You have the reputation of all of us loonies to consider.

I do like these hints about you and Colette sharing your toys. Where are the pictures you promised us?

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. Here we go again.

PS You've edited the bit about the toys.

Trinity said...

sorry xog. Not right at all this fortnight.