Tuesday, January 31, 2006

girls!


Looking back on life, I think my senior school years were just the absolute worst ones. I was talking to a mate last night who said his years weren't all strawberries and cream either.
I guess they kinda mould you into some resemblance of a person, so you can be pushed out into the real world and become a 'valuable member of society'
I think it's slightly better these days as teachers and parents are aware of the possibility of bullying and social exclusion and try to make it better... on the whole. Well...Ok sometimes.....
Danz has started now. Her little group of peers isn't a happy one. Lots of back biting and bitching and some tale involving a ribena carton that I've heard at least 4 times.
Evil Ribena.
She logs on to MSN messenger at night and they all set the world to rights. Is this all in preparation for future coffee mornings where EVERYONE disses everyone elses house, clothes and vile kids at some point?
I hated being a teen. My life wasn't bad, but I guess it was bloody dull. I made up tales about having relatives in Australia and going to see them. I was jealous of Theresa Van de Burt who went away abroad and was an only child... Bloody hell though her life was hardly rosy.
I was a dreadful story teller but the worst bit was telling a friend that my parents were really horrible and I never got anything for my birthday. They ignored the day and my life was miserable. She recounted the tale to her mum who immediately phoned mine to offer to have me over on my birthday.
Uh oh... BIG trouble. My mum was really upset and hurt and I felt like a total shit for ages.
BTW Theresa ran away from home at age 12.. She caught the bus to London. I waved her off at the bus stop and was very surprised when the police came to school and got me out of swimming lessons to ask me if I knew anything about the disappearance of this 12 year old child. She'd been missing 48 hours.
Umm yes sir. She's in London.
It was all because her mum wouldn't let her have a puppy.
Thinking back, I was a very stupid teenager.

No comments: