Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Child support

My application for reassessment of child support was entered on the 22/8/05. I STILL haven't heard anything so I called today. I was very much of the thought that the CSA is pretty crap slow and inefficient but maybe I'm wrong.
The problem is the kids father. The woman I spoke to said that he appears to have used delaying tactics all the way through.
He hasn't supplied information. They've had to write to him several times for each issue to get him to respond.
Then right at the end, when they thought they could sort it, he's declared that he has excessive travel expenses to work. This has to be legally looked at and sent to the travel to work department to validate his claim.
This will take at least another 2 weeks if not longer. FFS why couldn't he have told them that in August?
The woman says that his tactics appear to be delaying. The more he delays the longer he gets to pay 75 quid per child a calendar month.
Bastard.
Danielle had a lot of Christmas and Birthday money. Last night we bought her a laptop from Dell, very reasonable. I add to add a hundred pound to it, but it's what she wanted. She'll repay me somehow (she's a good kid)
It came with a free printer but being incredibly stupid, I forgot to add it. So today I called and tried to order it. Their call centre is in India.
I don't think it was the English that threw them but maybe my broad west country accent.
They couldn't understand a word, so had to put me through to a nice guy called David in Southern Ireland.
That made my day. I have a passion for the Irish accent.
Anyways he sorted it for me. I hope Dell are ok, a couple of people have said they are good.
Hmmm, child support and buying laptops in the same post.
What do you think of that?
The kids of today need computers and Danz doesn't get a chance with me and Abby on this one.
I'm not trying to stitch my ex up. I just want what I'm entitled to.
After all he was the one who left us high and dry and homeless and ill and penniless.
And I'm not exaggerating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know my views on exes and financial commitments of them i reckon. If you don't you can probably guess. Much like your views only with more colourfull language.

Just really posting about Dell.
Never bought from them but their reputation is amazing. Fabulous ratings for them. They're starting to become a bit more pricey than they were but they're still competitive. I've steered quite a few people to them and they've all bought and been happy.
Think you've made a cracking decision.

Anonymous said...

Desktops anyway, found my Dell really good. They were recommended to me by a long time client.

Only, why do you buy laptops when a higher spec desktop is much cheaper? I have to say your money management is a bit crap at times Ms Flaps.