Monday, January 30, 2006

shocked? no

Experts probe girl's heroin case

why is this such a shock? Is it her age?
How many 11 year old smokers are there out there. I drive the girls to school every day and see young kids taking their last puffs before lunchtime.
I expect their parents buy them for them. A family I know of have a 13 year old daughter who does drugs has sex and smokes.
Her parents do drugs... parents who smoke have kids who smoke. One of Abby's friends family all smoke and for years I was so proud of her for not following suit. But she smokes now.
So would it follow that parents who do drugs... any drugs from hash to crack, their kids learn it's part of normal life.They'll do drugs too.
Sometimes in work, I look at the little babies and think,if I took you home you'd have such a better life.
but we aren't in a Big Brother society. The public have to make their own life choices.
Just know this. If Danz at age 12 starts to do drugs and I don't know about it and am so wrapped up in myself that I don't notice the signs. Then I don't deserve to be her Mother. That's not parenthood. That's a cop out.
There's far too little respect for parents these days and there is far too many parents who do not deserve respect.
That 11 year old?
She should be taken far away from her parents.
Because they aren't doing their job. Full stop.

No comments: