Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sundays are sumptuous

I got some car insurance online last night, actually I fretted about it after because after I entered my credit card details I realised Firefox didn't have the little padlock at the bottom.Anyways it was with NIS Sovereign which afterwards I found out was some branch of the Royal Bank of Scotland. There's a relief.
The various quotes I got were ridiculous though. The infamous Sheila's Wheels wanted £650. My quote from Liverpool Victoria was £ 556. FFS I don't drive a sports car. But NIS was a couple hundred cheaper and allowed me to pay in installments from Visa so I was happy.
I also got some Mobile Phone insurance from foneshield. I had mobile phone insurance once before (for the nokia) it was so expensive but this was very reasonable and I no longer have to worry about using the Feckphone warehouse for any more problems. Now I have pink V3 Happiness.
I've been to the gym today. Did some lengths in the pool and had a sauna. It was lush and I felt so good afterwards.
There's such a massive happiness (endorphin) kick from exercise.You just need to find it, once you learn to work through the burn to the other side you're laughing!
It's kinda ok to be fat at the gym. No one stares or points at you. You're there trying to do something about it and they respect that.
Still self conscious though.... And I'm tired now. Chlorine makes my eyes smart.
I had a letter through from the CSA yesterday. It seems my application for reassessment was rejected by them. Something about government legislation saying that unless the father's income has increased to massive proportions and the awarded money is at least 10 pounds a week per child more then they can't reassess and award more money. So I guess my £17 per week per child will have to surfice.
I'm sorry if I sound bitter but 17 quid goes no where, but I now know at least where I stand and I fear his lack of involvement in their lives will be his undoing as far as being a dad goes in the future.
I have to admit to finding it hard doing everything myself. Every single little thing is on my shoulders. But on a happier note, I still wouldn't take him back if he was the last man (I say that term lightly) on this Earth, so get on with it Trin and stop moaning.
Danielle's passport has been issued. That cost £34. She'd better bloody enjoy Ireland at half term.
And I shall enjoy a few days of peace without these delightful (but demanding)girls wanting me.
BB ends this week,I hate it ending :( Always lost for a few days. I'm a hopeless addict to it.
Never mind we always have celebrity Ice Skating to watch... The gayest show on the planet.
Andi Peters? What a fine little mover. (snigger)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good move Flaps. Regular exercise is one of the best things for dispelling lingering barminess.

PS I woulda stared at you. Nothing nicer than big wobbly ladies on a treadmill.

Anonymous said...

£17 ?
That's ludicrous!

Financially it may be better than nothing but it's rather crushing for the soul. All that hassle and grief and they shrug and say £17!

I'm offended. £17!!!