Thursday, January 19, 2006

more fuss

I'm getting all anxious again. I can feel me getting all tense at the thought if it.
I called the car phone warehouse. The phone will be ready this evening... 99% they think. I spoke to a girl.
When I took it in they told me there was a thirty quid flat charge for the repair. I asked if it would be anymore. I admitted it was unlocked immediately. They said no, thirty quid all in.
Fine.
Today they tell me there's a £75 penalty charge for unlocking it.
I disputed (nicely) gave the name of the sales man and told them I was assured there'd be no hidden charges. I'd been completely upfront about the unlocking. They reckon the unlocking caused the speaker malfunction (right)
She was pleasant. She said come on in and we will discuss it.
I'm scared.
I don't want another scene. I hate them and I'm getting worked up thinking about it.
Trying not to cry here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stick to your guns. You had a witness? Don't get upset, just hold fast to the assurances given by the assistant that no extra charges would apply. Their reasoning is bollox, if repairs are a flat charge, why would unlocking it make them any MORE expensive? Unlocking is a programming function - no relevance to the physical malfunction of the microphone, if that's what they claim YOU ARE ENTITLED TO THE SERVICE REPORT ON WHAT WAS FIXED - that would disprove their claim. Tell them you have consulted consumer rights, and will take it further if they don't honour their original quote. Just don't lose your cool, you have the moral high ground, keep it that way!

Anonymous said...

Yay. Good info Asmodeous.

Go for it sweets. You can win this. I know you can. Rooting for you.

:)

Anonymous said...

Concur with chaps above. The ability to be unlocked is a built in function so cannot damage the phone. They can put what they like in extended warranties, but since you had had it less than 3 months, the basis for your claim is not the warranty but your legal rights under the Sale of Goods act.