Monday, January 23, 2006

Monday Miserable

Today was a dentist day. I'm actually very pissed off with my dentist. After being with them for 17 years, they've gone private and have removed me from their books. I get free treatment and refused to join the 20 quid a month private plan they had... I don't think that was to pay for all treatment either, just a discounted rate.
So today was my last appointment.
On the way I stopped for petrol. I was in a bit of a hurry. The till assistant in Somerfield garage was telling the customer some lengthily tale about his diabetic wife.
I finally got served. He was chirpy. I'm a miserable old cow. He asked me if I liked the music playing in the background.
I shrugged non committally. I didn't recognise it at all. "Name what film this is from" he asked enthusiatically.
No idea, I remarked.
"Disney Treasure Island with the Muppets" he enthused.
Gosh.
I arrived at the dentist on time, to be informed her was already 30 minutes behind time.
So I sat with the 2 year out of date magazines.
In fact he was 45 minutes late.
I watched the other patients called in to different surgeries... Private surgeries. Mines the token NHS dentist.
They were greeted by the dentist, little chat, smiles and all politeness.
After 45 minutes of waiting mine grunted Trinity.
I hate this man, he's not exactly crap as a dentist, but he's very uncommunicative. I hate it when he does stuff to me and doesn't explain or tell me what he's doing. I need control. I cope better.
Anyways I had a filling, he hurt me. Probably wasn't the best idea to have a pop at him for throwing me out as an NHS patient prior to surgery. Or remark on how fed up I get that he is always substantially late with appointments.
Fucks me off. In my hospital we try hard not to make people wait for appointments. And if they do have to wait we APOLOGISE.
So I arrived at 10.00 and got out about 11.30. Wasted morning of my one day off in a week.
It's all to do with money. Bastards want more and more money. Greedy w*ankers.
Oh what a good mood I'm in now and my mouth is numb, I swear he put enough lignocaine in there to numb half of Bristol.

No comments: