Saturday, January 21, 2006

Saturday string

I doubt myself as a mother all the time. My mother said something to me today that I took a bit of offence to, but it wasn't said nastily. She said my girls seem to have more than any other children she knows.
Hmmm, maybe. But sometimes I'm trying to make up for their lack of normal lives. I feel all the time a bit of a failure and never good enough. Damn how ridiculous.
Today Abby wants to go see Underworld at the cinema.
It's an 18. I can't take Danz... Plus I'm tired and it's Saturday and work was very intense last night and left me a bit fraught and Collette rang me at 9pm to say her eldest, whose birthday it was yesterday, collapsed at school had a blue light to hospital with ? Meningitis. Was really poorly, nearly ended up in paediatric intensive care... Which was the only reason he didn't come to my hospital... They didn't want him too far way from ICU.
He has septicaemia and poorly and I'm worried for Collette.Poor girls had enough quite frankly.
I asked Abby to go with a friend... But she hasn't really got a close friend. Makes me sad, she's a nice kid. No edge to her. But she hasn't got anyone close to do stuff with.
Mad old world.

No comments: