Thursday, January 19, 2006

Final Showdown

Tonight I went to retrieve my little phone from the Craphone Whorehouse (ha exaxis)
I took a friend as I was in such a tizzy and didn't want to be bullied.
We spent 45 minutes in the store collecting it.
We arrived. I handed over the docket and car phone man scurried off to find pink phone.
After a while of not being able to find it, it was discovered and he scanned it into the till.
"That will be £75" he said breezily.
My friend stepped in with a firm "No".
I explained that I had been quoted 30 quid and that was all we were willing to pay.
The guy spent ages staring at the screen then went off to see if he could find a manager.
Unfortunately she was having a dispute with another customer over a price of something in the carphone warehouse leaflet that had gone up in price.
I got nervous, I could see this escalating. My friend whispered to me to be firm, it was ok.
Whilst he was gone we nicked the engineers report from the side and read it.
It was NOT a software problem, they hadn't even looked at the software. It was a complete speaker failure and it had been replaced. It had 75 quid written by it.
The man came back. He said he couldn't understand how I'd been quoted 30 quid as no-one did that... How did the assistant know it was going to be that price.
DUH... Because he went and asked the engineer maybe!
Then I spotted something written on the back of the report.
Deep Joy. The original assistant had written thirty pound quote on the document.
I pointed it out. I said I'd felt they hadn't believed me and now they could see I was telling the truth.
"Ok, yes you will get this phone back for thirty pounds" he said "But not tonight"
"WHAT!!!!!???"
Apparently the only person who could remove the 75 quid charge from the screen was the engineer and he wasn't at work.
So they said I couldn't have the phone until tomorrow.
NO FECKING WAY!
I remained calm and said that I was taking MY phone home with me tonight end of story.
There was another 10 to 15 minute delay then finally the manager turned up and they gave in.
They charged me 30 quid, gave me the phone and said they'd sort it tomorrow but made sure they took my number so they could get back to me if they needed anything further from me.
Piss off I say.
I have my phone back and they can jump through a hoop for any further dealings with me.
I felt this sense of relief then was really quite down about it all. Why? Because I feel I've had such bad service and really didn't need that trauma. Idiots.
But I have my phone back and Karma is finally restored.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah!

Don't go and drop it or lose it now.

Anonymous said...

I DO so like your friend :-)
Wonderful result. Disgusting behaviour from F***Fone Warehouse though. Super duper news.

:-D

Anonymous said...

Good for you flaps

Anonymous said...

PS Crafty move by one of you in writing that £30 on the back!