Sunday, January 01, 2006

kitty gifts

The fireworks here last night were brilliant, loads of them.. All intense at midnight. Far better than Nov 5th. Then we watched the ones at the millennium Wheel in London on TV. They were jaw droppingly beautiful. The BBC commentator was gushing in her praise of them. I did smile at her enthusiasm.
So it was 2006. Wonder what it would bring us?
The cats knew. They decided to greet 2006 with gifts for us.
We went to bed at 1am and I was tucked up asleep when I was suddenly awoken by a screaming noise. I dived out of bed and onto the landing to find Kizzy stood there with the most enormous black bird in her jaws. It was still alive and screaming. She headed towards Abby's room(Abby's her fav person) to present her gift to her mistress.
Abby woke up and started screaming.
I HATE birds. I hate them in houses flying around. This one was terrified still alive and screeching.
I was horrified and scared stiff but managed to get the little sod to drop it and threw a towel over it. The cats then were fighting amongst themselves trying to pull off the towel. I was yelling at them, then had to run downstairs and unlock the door, went back up and picked up the bird in the towel parcel. It started screaming again and I was freaked.
Finally I picked it up and raced down stairs and outside. Opened the bin and threw it in.
I couldn't leave it outside because they would have just found it and brought it back in.. I know those little buggers.
The bird was a gonner, at least it got to die in peace without being tortured by monsters.
Coming back in I noted the mounds of black feathers everywhere, I mean loads. So we got out the vacuum at 3am and sucked them all up.
I got in bed at 3.15.
I knew instantly I was in trouble. I'd hurt my back. I think it was jumping out so quick and being so tense.
So I got back up, took 4 pills and had some hot tea. But the pain was horrendous, so I found a heat patch and got Abby to put it on.... Then managed to sleep.
Still a bit sore this morning.
However, we have taken down the tree and most of the decorations and given the place a good clean.
Looks better.
I guess if you own cats you have to expect such behaviour.... if they do it again that cat flap's being locked at night. Grr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You put that poor little bird in the bin, after what YOUR cats did to it? The least you could have done was to have withdrawn your life savings and taken it to the vet.

Spaceminx said...

Its the one thing that puts me off getting a cat, much as I love them. Anyways, happy new year Trin x