Monday, January 02, 2006

Email

amateurs
Sent me an email recently? Haven't I replied? Maybe it's because I haven't received it.
Damn Telewest. Their Internet service... Blueyonder has been having email problems for several months now. Seems that at times when most people access email... Like early evening. The server can't cope with the volume and goes into shock.
It will reject your password, or constantly time out or numerous other errors that I've had.
I haven't been able to access email at all today.
So I called to complain... Well mostly because according to the Service Status page there is no problem with email... It's all 'green' up and running. Load of crap.
This makes me wild. So they are pretending to their customers that there isn't a problem... tut tut.
So I called to voice my grievance. A nice little man answered, sounded young. Totally hopeless. Talked me through checking my OE settings were correct. (fecking cheek) Then we had a conversation about the fact this problem has been going on for months. He said it wasn't acceptable and 'apparently' Telewest is going to pay some top Microsoft guy to come sort out the gremlins.
I suggested they did it quickly or I was moving to Sky or similar. I need my email... So guess what the twat advised me to do?
Guess what? To open a fecking Hotmail account to get emails.
You can't access your default email from your ISP with 3 mb of BB that you pay a fortune for, so go get a free web based account, there's a good customer.
Unbelievable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That status page contains a large percentage of ORANGE. They must be a great company, I won't hear a word against them.