Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Financial Trin

Moneys too tight to mention. Oh yes Mick Hucknall, you're always so right. For some obscure reason this month has been really tough. They even threatened to switch off the internet unless I paid the bill. OMG! Abby has promised next month to ensure I pay all the bills before I go out shopping for new curtains and new hair straighteners.
So I look at my finances and think. I cancelled the Gym. The gym is a luxury. And if I was using it a lot I'd carry on but I'm not so this summer more walking in the fresh air, I reckon. I cancelled the mobile phone insurance. FFS if I lose it I'll get another one.
And I phone up to find out how much more I owe on my personal loan. The loan was taken out mid 2001 with Yes Car Credit. Then taken over by Welcome finance and moved from being a car loan to a personal loan. I have no idea why but that was the way it worked.
The car was $4,500 in 2001. I paid $150 a month for 4 years. So have a guess how much the loan is as it stands today?
Hmm $4,422. So I said. So in 4 years it's not gone down at all? 'Yes' the guy said 'It's now $4422'
Wow, I paid off a whole whacking $78. Excuse me while I cry and rip up the magazine advertising yes car credit that's lying on the sofa.
(Actually, this isn't meant to be in dollars but British pounds...but stupid blogger doesn't do pounds does it grrrrr)

3 comments:

Keith Horowitz said...

I managed to force a pound down blogger's throat ;-)
Test Blog Entry
I did it by using the special ALT-keypad method:
hold down the alt key and while holding down the alt key, press on the 10-key-pad on the right: 156 - then let go of the alt key.
See: £ ! :)
Of course on a laptop it can be harder. You have to be in 10-key-pad mode and press JIO while holding alt.
On my laptop I can hold ALT and Fn while pressing JIO to get £.
But don't ask me why the £ key on your keyboard doesn't type correctly into blogger.
Just figured another way: html code for Brittish Pound: the character ampersand (&) then the word pound then and semi-colon (;) : '£' thusly: £ .

So - would you pay £10 - £20 for that advise? :)

Keith Horowitz said...

I figured a third way - another HTML code: '£' see: £

Trinity said...

No tenner but I'll give you a kiss!