Thursday, April 07, 2005

Little Angels


Last night we had Cara to stay over. Cara is a few years younger than Danz. I knew they'd be ok because Danz likes little kids. They went up to play in Danz's room and they never bothered me once. A few times I heard a cry and stopped but realised they were pretend playing. At 11 maybe Danz is too old to do pretend play anymore?
Made me feel a little sad. When I split with her father she was only six. I do believe then her innocence and childhood stopped. I was ill and the girls no longer felt secure. I remember being upstairs one day and Danz playing out the front of the house by the front wall. I overheard Abby say to her "You can play out front but you must watch out for daddy's car all the time and if you see it you must run in and hide because he'll take you away from me and mummy"
I was aghast. I shouted down the stairs for Abby not to be so silly. Nothing was going to happen. Then heard Abby whisper "Don't listen to her, you listen to me ok danz? Keep looking"
And looking they did. Whenever we went anywhere.
Mind there were a number of incidents that made Abby feel that way. But the weight of the world must have been on her shoulders.
So it was good to hear her playing and losing herself in imagination. And they were so good and sweet and fell asleep in front of the TV and didn't wake up till about 8.30 am.
The bloody cats give me more trouble! Posted by Hello

No comments: