Sunday, February 27, 2005

The Worse Night In History

This is a story of disillusioned mum who thought she could give her daughter a party, with the expectation of people having fun and spending time together. The story is a sad one.
Ok the party had drink. Many would say drink and 15 year olds don't go...After last night, I may agree with them. But there were about 25 kids here and I spent 24 quid on very mild lager, alcopops plus bottles of soft drink and fruit juice in Asda. So really that wasn't a lot at all.
They arrived...Super hyped up. All was going well. I'd done lots of basic food. First thing was they started getting most of the food on the carpet. Sausage rolls trodden into the floor. Now this is somebody's house. A person that's allowed them to have a party. Where's the respect? Then they got silly. Abby (without me knowing) had invited five year 9 kids (age 13). They were by far the worse. Like caged tigers let out for the night. They were stupid and silly. One sip of shandy and lurching around the place pretending to be drunk.
But we were still ok although I did get the vacuum out!! (Obsessional)
Then the night took a sinister turn. A gang of about 10 kids turned up at the door. Gate Crashers. The others told me they were 'bad kids' They weren't invited anyways. No big deal. But they kept knocking and standing outside. Everyone got really silly and hyper and panicky...Except me. That was until the gang threw a brick through the front window that is.
The atmosphere hit fever pitch. I called the police. One small boy (yep he was ridiculous) said he was scared of the police and was running around maniacally.
The police came after about an hour and took a statement. Nice man, calming and good.
Now somewhere during all of this, I feel I must have lost the thread slightly. One of Abby's best friends.... If you know me you'll know who she is, arrived very hyper. She arrived after the drink had mostly gone.
I was appalled to find out she'd brought beer with her and was in Danz's room with it. Tipping it everywhere. She was kissing all the boys and being very loud.
Then she said she felt sick and went upstairs. She was very pale.
However she wasn't sick but proceeded to have a panic attack of gigantic proportions and was completely loopy. Believe me, I know loopy...I get like it myself at times.
Meanwhile someone broke the banister. Snapped it clean off. And Abby sat on my bed and it broke. Its a metal bed with wooden slats and they snapped.
I was keeping one eye on the loopy one and trying to sort out the rest. Then I decided enough was enough and called her mum to collect her. Her mum was out. Her sister told me to bring her home. But she wouldn't go. And when I insisted she collapsed on the stairs.
So a second phone call to the emergency services for the night. We had a 999 ambulance and paramedic arrive.
Ok got it so far?

Broken window
police here
banister broken
Bed in pieces
Drink on carpets
food trodden in
?Unconscious girl on stairs
Ambulance and paramedic car
We only needed the fire service for the trio.


I was so pleased when suddenly her mum turned up. And so they went to hospital and I believe are still there now. (she's fine though) However I was most upset to be told off by the paramedic for allowing her to get in that state. However at 14 I believe they are responsible for their own actions and they aren't babies and for that reason I am really cross with her.
So the night goes on. I try to get some of them to go home. But Abby had told them all they could stay? WTF? So about 15 of them slept the night. I just wanted them all to go home. I was so angry and upset.
And the bastards didn't sleep at all. Well some did, some were quiet. Some were hyper and noisy all night, despite me shouting and getting very angry.
God knows what the neighbours think. I wouldn't blame them for reporting me to be honest.
But a lesson learnt. Very sadly. The kids I thought were good and nice and respectful, well it seems they aren't. They abused my good trust and love and friendship in opening my house to them. To be fair it wasn't all of them and there were some kids that should never have been invited at all.
Abby is a nervous quivering wreck, scared I'm going to go crazy with her.
But that's not me. It wasn't her fault. She did her best.
Now I'm going to have a bath and lie in bed to cry. Because I'm tired and I feel like it. Thanks guys.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG do not let anyone in your house ever again. I'd be in need of hospital if that had happened to me.

clarrie said...

waaah. Teenage parties bad bad bad. Poor you. I should ground Abby for life, even if it's not her fault. Well maybe not for life, just until hormones stop happening. And she has no friends with hormones either. Ground her till she's 25 or so, that shoudl do it

Anonymous said...

heya debbie its daniel, when are you gonna put the party pictures on the site. i wanna see them. everyones talkin bout the party and Ms Basma was laughing at you and the piccy of Bailey eating cream and scratching the wall paper.