Friday, February 25, 2005

A Day in the Life


I found this on Planetdan and I LOVE it. I want one...NOW!
Today I worked 12 hours.... We didn't stop once. I think half of Bristol must be sick. I was pissed off because I wanted to see the Queen. I've never seen the Queen (I think) and I wanted to take a picture. My friend Red Toaster Took some though for her site. Her little one is so cute.
I hear the Pope is rather ill again. I was driving to work thinking about him. The last thing I'd ever want is a trachy and to be put on a Ventilator. Then they said he has parkinson's disease and painful Arthritis. And I thought to my self...Hasn't our 'so called' God been so kind to the man that is the head of his church. A man who thinks of others and is Godly and pure? A man who gave up normal life to serve God and the Church. What a bunch of crap!
Also it was reported on the BBC that the pope is off the ventilator and and is eating a hearty breakfast this morning. Utter codswallop! NO way would this happen. It would take him weeks to recover enough to eat.
Anyways enough of the Pope and God.
I was just watching that Bex programme on BBC1, I don't actually like it much but there was a bit on it when she talked about the crap presents men buy women. None of them however, were as bad as my dad's. One Christmas he bought her an electric knife. Not sure what he was trying to say but she did cry a lot when she opened it.
Abby rang me at work. One of tomorrows party goers may not be coming. He's only in year 9 so that makes him about 13. His mum is worried about letting him party. So she's going to ring me for reassurance. Abby told me I'm to say 'It's her birthday' (lies) 'only a couple are going' (lies) and 'definitely no alcohol will be there' (big lies) I told her I wasn't willing to lie. If the parent didn't feel she could trust her son to fulfill her wishes not to drink (and such like) maybe he shouldn't come. I dunno about you guys out there. I was partying and drinking stuff like beer at that age. I guess I'm quite relaxed and liberal about stuff like drink and sex. I believe in information and discussion. They're pretty grown up at that age these days and I think I'd rather they experienced partying in a controlled place like here than in town or under the pier. I'll watch them. I'll make sure they're sensible. OK maybe you think there's no need for them to drink. But say no way and they want it more. They have to try these things. It's part of growing up. Last time we had a party here, there were kids who weren't allowed to drink...And they didn't. There were kids who didn't want to drink...And they didn't.
And only Jamie went OTT (v mildly, he drank beer through a straw v fast and puked..He wasn't drunk)...Bless but he won't do it again......Or I'll make him drink cod liver oil! Yummy.
Posted by Hello

No comments: