Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Grammy's

BBC NEWS Grammys honour soul star Charles

I watched a bit of the Grammy's last night on ITV2. Kind of an American version of the Brits. They had loads of categories, big country I guess. Actually I thought the ceremony was crap, soulless really. Green Day playing American Idiot was the only bit I liked.
The setting kind of reminded me of a scene from Team America World Police. If you've seen it you'll know why.
Then at the end they started talking about the Tsunami and how musicians around the globe supported the victims. Then horror of horrors they did a collaboration track. A Beatles song, can't remember which exact one. Stevie Wonder, Norah Jones, Alicia Keys, Steve Tyler and Aerosmith, Billie Joe Armstrong and Bono. It was terrible. Apparently you can download it if you want :(
Ray Charles won 8 grammys. Now that always pisses me off, when they award a star after he's died? Why not do it before when the poor guy could enjoy it?
Kanye West won a lot of awards and gave a long speech about finding yourself and God (I think that was what it was about anyways!)
But yay for Marroon 5 who beat off Kanye and his God to win an award.
Why do they need three presenters for each award? None of them flowed well together at all. Ah that's Stateside awards shows for you I guess.

No comments: