Monday, February 28, 2005

The Streets 27/2/05


Well after the night I had I was looking forward to getting away from the house for a few hours. I picked up Patti and met her Mum-in-Law (who was lush) and off we set in the can on wheels.
We parked in the multi storey car park. I said to Patti 'don't forget which floor we're on'. 'oh number five' She said with great confidence. Good job I didn't listen or we'd have been searching for the car all night....that was the speed limit! We were on floor three.
The Bristol Colston Hall is a very old place and not my fav place to gig. The accoustics are good though and we were seated upstairs and had quite a good view but you do lose much of the atmosphere.
The place was chav central with jogging suits and Burberry caps everywhere. Behind us were a group of girls with Stella bottles and short skirts yelling 'MIKEY IS SEXY' I couldn't see it personally!
Next to us were a welsh couple. We got chatting a bit. He was smoking which pissed me off...I hate having smoke in my face and I happen to know that that old joint would go up like a tinderbox.
Highlight of my night were the two fit men down the end who brushed past me to use the loo...Then returned. I refused to get up and made them climb over me...Heaven!
The Mitchell Bros were up first for us (having missed some guy called Kano) they were good. Lively and interactive and very funny.
Then we had an MC contest which Red Toaster liked and was better than expected. The two guys had to rap to each other. Getting one up on the other guy and ripping them to shreds. The winner got to tour on with The Streets. The reigning Champ from London won. He was ace. He told the black guy from Bristol, "his sister was half white and he was put in prison and dropped the soap". The whole place laughed.
The came the Streets. Mike Skinner was excellent as expected. I was however disappointed at the sound quality. I know loads of Streets songs but they seemed to play really new stuff that I barely recognised, only doing the hits right at the end when Mike frankly looked pretty pissed up.
Best bit? The Mitchell Bros Kano and Mike doing 'Routine Check' together. It was ace.
Funniest bit. Watching the three guys sat in front of us whilst the play station 2 adverts were on. Leant forward, totally transfixed on the pretty pictures. Boys Toys!
Posted by Hello

No comments: