Saturday, February 19, 2005

Death Row Obsession

azcentral.com | special report

I found an online newspaper report with a list of people on Death Row in Arizona. Made me feel quite sad and sick. I will never believe in the death penalty. I don't believe in an eye for an eye. This makes us no better than the murderers. Humanity and Justice at all times. But not death. Sometimes I wonder if my mind will be changed if something horrific happened to someone I loved. But somehow I think not.
But this paper! Wow it lists all the people, their crimes and how they're behaving in jail. It's horrible, really horrible.
Then at the end of the piece about the woman killer Debra Jean Milke.... An advert to save the wildlife. Donate cash to protect wildlife from extinction. Just made me feel very unsettled.

No comments: