Tuesday, June 07, 2005

What an eventful little day

Today was Trin revisits the Psychiatrist mark 2.
Another day another dollar. Yet again a different woman Doctor. But at least this time, I felt her confidence and presence and the meeting went well. I also feel that I put my point across and was heard. A positive experience (did I just say that? Wow)
Another revelation today was that, all during the time in Manchester last week when money was tight, infact I didn't realise that the bank had reissued my credit card with a three and a half grand limit. FFS are they trying to kill me?
Trouble is that today the thought of that card has made me quite happy. I was more motivated. I went to the optician and got those damn glasses I'd broke last month repaired.... I went out of the house for a purpose other than work or the doctors. Wicked wicked money the root of all evil.
I had to look after my mum's dog today. Lucy. I hate dogs. Though Lucy is quite easy really, if greedy and naughty sometimes. I went and collected her after Abby's counseling and dropping 'Miss I hate school', to school. She sat on the back seat and went to sleep. (nice life) I got home, went in. Did some housework. Wrote an email. Then nipped into my neighbour. I was chatting to her on the doorstep. She said "Got your mum's dog today then?"
I thought, WTF is she talking about? Then followed where she was looking and spotted Lucy in the car. Fuck. I'd forgotten her. Am I crap? My memory is terrible. Ha! She was ok though. But I did tell Abby and she told my Mum.... Tell tat.
The day moved on. Next I find out from a mate that My Ex Husband had a major fit about me taking the Kids to Manchester last week. I apparently hadn't asked him permission to take them out of Bristol.
He was furious that I'd afforded the train fare when he'd given me an extra Tenner towards Danz camp. And where the hell had I found a friend in Manchester? Better not have been from the bloody internet. Evil vile thing. For all he knows we were probably involved in some satanic sex club exploiting young children. He was livid. Jerk.
Then, oh god then we have the great party trouble. Remember this weekend is Abby's party...At her dads.
For the first time ever she decided she wanted her party over there. At first I was a bit taken aback. Then after much discussion with my closest and dearest Oracles, I thought ok. Remember the last party here (eek) he's paying for it. He has the 'Hot Tub' in the back garden. The five bed house. The desirable estate. Ok, go with it Trin.
But today. Two days before the event, trouble starts. She calls him. She asks if they can all go swimming Saturday morning. And there comes the misunderstanding. He'd assumed that after he collects them at 8pm Friday night...They arrive at his house and go straight to bed. Get up at 8am get dressed and he brings them back here by 9am. After all, his step kids have Rugby in the afternoon.
So she told him to forget it. Had a massive freak out, sobbing that if she was good enough he'd do stuff for her.
Then a panic stricken hour worrying about what we were going to do with the girls Friday night, Amy's bought a new swim suit... Oh god. A mess. Danz was furious her dad had upset her sister's birthday (see they don't hate each other). Neither was ever going to see him again. And you know. I was feeling good today. In an attempt not to stain my good mood (if a bit fluffy) I tried to stay impartial. Now if you're a mum you'll know that when your kids are upset, so are you. It's just nature.
So the git phones back. First he tries to absolve himself of any blame. Then he acts like he wasn't aware of what he was expected to do. Then he calls again to ask Danz to a BBQ on June 19th. She told him we were busy (t4 on the beach) and Danz heard his GF yell in the background... "Yeah right they're too busy for you on FATHERS DAY"
Fathers Day? Don't expect me to remember that. I forgot the dog in the car ffs.
Then he calls again. He says ok...He'll take Abby and her friends swimming Saturday morning and bring them back at 12 but he hasn't old his GF yet.
Abby says she'll think about it and just when I was beginning to think I was in an episode of Hollyoaks, she decides ok. Shame to disappoint everyone. So she agrees to go. So now we're back to square one and I get 48 hours of her worrying that it will all go wrong again blah blah.
I am still detached and feeling ok. But mainly die to the fact that I can't stop sneezing , hayfever? At 9pm? Ahh actually I remembered, I'm allergic to dogs. Must have just kicked in. I took a pill and stuffed a tissue up my nose. Danz finds the cat in the fridge eating the chicken remains, if only she could work out how to make the spray cream come out.
I need sanity. And it comes in the form of a phone call from a mate. A special mate. Short conversation. I'm an adult again. Cool.
Now I'm watching Sugar Rush and damn it's good.
xxx

1 comment:

Keith Horowitz said...

No posts - you okay??