Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Trin hits the floor

Abby's Birthday! We woke early. She loved her gifts and her cards. She had a mobile Phone from me, some money, Gwen Stefani CD, Foo fighters and Magic Numbers new cds. Some Junk Jewellery and bits and pieces. She was very happy. Unfortunately we had counselling before school. I'd forgotten, so I drove her through the heavy Bristol traffic to the city centre.
We got there at 9am. I said I'd stay in the car. I was tired, but after she left I decided the weather was too nice and got out to go get some cash out of the cash point.
I remember walking past the fountain then the next thing I was flat on my face on the floor. I'd banged my head really hard. My glasses were sheared off at the top with the force of impact. I'd also twisted my right knee. I raised my head, there were people around but it seemed no-one had noticed. A shame really as I wasn't really ok. To start with I couldn't get up. My body wouldn't move. Then I managed to sit up and sat on the concrete stunned. I was very thirsty, a sign I'm about to Trin's Baddiefaint. Slowly I got up and moved gingerly back to the car. I think I was shocked. I went cold and was shaking.
When Abby came back I'd started to cry. Sounds silly doesn't it. But a friendly face and I couldn't stop. I took her back to school and drove home. Then I tried to get out of the car.... Bloody hell. I couldn't put any weight on that damn knee. As I got through the front door, I kinda Collapsed..Like I'd been holding it together till then. It was so painful. My head hurt like fuck, I felt sick and groggy. I couldn't walk sit, stand or lie down. So I took a handful of painkillers and rang my mum.
Good old mum came round and made me tea, ran a bath to get rid of the grit. I wanted her to go get me a support bandage but she said I should let it swell. Still not sure about that one.
Still a bit concerned as to how I ended up on the floor. It's not as if I tripped. I went straight down. Never mind. This is my poorly knee. A bit of a nasty cut but really the real damage is inside my knee. Bloody knees. Need sympathy ;P

2 comments:

Jude said...

poor trin that enough sympathy?

Spaceminx said...

Ouch! That looks nasty. Hope you're feeling loads better hun x