Saturday, June 11, 2005

Hello strangers

You know what? About Tuesday I went to write something here and stopped. I thought, why am I doing this? Am I some megalomaniac that thinks people are in any way interested in your life? Also things this week have been quite personal and I think I make myself too accessible to people somehow. I think it may be a phase. I'd started thinking people were looking at me when I was out. Everytime I turned around someone was staring at me. I'd assumed it was because I was a freak, ugly etc you know the score. But today a very trendy young shop assistant who was chattering on and on about last night with her mate suddenly turned to me and said "I do like your top, it's really cool". That innocent little remark made my day.
Yesterday I had my treadmill ECG. A rather exhausting procedure when a stripped to the waist Trin was forced to run on a treadmill for 15 minutes at a pace of some Olympic runner. The cardiac technician was also rather attractive and I was pissed I didn't wear one of my more alluring bras. Oh well!
I also had a letter from my GP when I got home addressing the blood taking issue. He was rather bullish and unmoving. Told me to basically shut up moaning and make an appointment. Ah yet another doctor I shall never visit again. Gradually filling my list.
Ok forget all that. Think about this scenario ok?

Your 3 year old child is unwell. Chronically unwell. You go to your GP. He doesn't think he's ill enough to be admitted to hospital right away but decides he needs to be seen on an emergency clinic by a consultant within a week.
Oh got it?
So, you get a phone call from a nurse, explaining she was calling on behalf of the consultant and he can fit you in on Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon. Any time within 1pm and 3.30 pm. You can choose.
Is your answer
A, Yes. I can make any day
B, I can only make Weds
or C, I work every day 8-6pm. What provision do you make for working parents.

I wanted to say. What provision do you make as a working parent for your sick child. Unbelievable. Do we do evenings or weekends? FFS Mrs this is the NHS!!

No comments: