Sunday, June 26, 2005

Indie Abby


I love the White Stripes. Always have done. I like their sound, I like their quirkiness and I think Jack is mega talented. We used to play a lot of Stripes stuff here, esp when Ann was here.
Abby and Danz seem to be able to recognise a stripes track from Meg's drumming (me and Ann used to say Abby looked a bit like Meg).
I pride myself on my base knowledge of what's pretty new and gathering speed in the music scene. I read music press, watch MTV2 and go to the odd gig (I'd like to do more). I saw the Stripes at Reading a few years back when they were playing main stage but on v early. Today we're in the car coming back from the shops. The radio was playing a track I didn't know. I wasn't concentrating. Abby starts to have a conversation with me about the White Stripes. "You know mum the new stripes stuff is so good. The album has some really ace things on it. Really unusual too" I paid attention. The song Playing was Blue Orchid. I was so proud of her. Sounds silly? But she's really beginning to listen to music and think about what's good and what's commercial crap. Over half the bands at T4 last week she had no time for. Yay, I brought up an indie rock chick. Danz loves The Kaiser Chiefs too. Abby also said...She wants to see more of Glasto tonight as it was wicked. I'm so happy. Posted by Hello

No comments: