Monday, June 20, 2005

Finale


The finale with Tony Christie was great. Everyone on stage and singing. Lots of the crowd started to go home but it was so good, we stayed right till the end. They released the white balloons but it was so windy they were gone in a flash.
Then the nightmare began again. Only one exit. Thousands of people converged on it.
I have been to Reading, Green Day at Cardiff Castle, loads of stuff but I have never had the crowd and queuing experience of T4.
The walk back to the train was horrid. I had 5 very tired burnt and sore girls with me. My leg hurt like hell. My hip began to grate. Shaly wanted the loo. We trudged back and finally arrived at the station. At this point I could have cried.
The station was completely surrounded by people. You know the scene in dawn of the dead outside the pub? All the crowds?
A BR man was herding everyone into lines. There were thousands of them. Some drunk, people with kids. Shaly bursting to pee. Our Train was 7pm but no way were we even going to make it to the train station for that. We yet again were pushed into queues.
It was hopeless. We stood around with no escape, we couldn't get out or in. No one told us anything. We all just stood there. Luckily I had food, which the kids devoured. Then Summerlee (bless her) got upon the kerb and began to walk past the crowds to the front. We followed. A woman came and let some in to the station.I noticed she was picking out little kids. Summerlee is small and blonde and cute. I pushed her forward. She spotted her and took her, Danz and the teens. She stopped me. I protested, you can't have the kids without their mother and she let me in.
Our first bit of luck...Though we had been waiting there an hour. The train took 20 minutes. But we got seats. I'd honestly say the train had half the amount of people on it as the first one we took.
And so we got home. A bit later than expected. The kids were happy. The house was so hot when we got in stiffling. Bristol had sizzled.
Abby had terrible sun burn. Danz wasn't too bad. The cats pissy at being left all day in the heat.
Not sure I'd go again. Not to T4 anyways. No organised enough for me.
An experience though.

No comments: