Saturday, June 11, 2005

Thursday's Good Mother


Thursday night was the Bristol school's combined choir evening. An event I usually avoid. Why? Dunno, I know I should be proud etc but I get restless, but to support her we went. I made Abby go, she wasn't keen at all. It was a damn hot day. The Colston Hall was full to bursting. We could only get seats upstairs, then we had to sit by this very disabled lady who could hardly move. How she got upstairs is unbelievable and it meant we were trapped there then. It was so hot and so squashed I felt faint. But it was a good night and the kids were lovely. See I'm a good mum :P

Danz sat in the front row right at the end with her school mates. She loved it! I felt a bit nostalgic for her. Some of her friends from her original infant school were there playing the recorder (eep). She was thrilled to see them and I met some of the parents outside that I hadn't seen for years. I had a nice hug from one dad.
I feel lots better this week you know. More whole. Feels good.

No comments: