Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Hmph

After yesterdays happiness that my baddy leg was finally improving, this morning was a shock. I got up and my leg was twice the size. I got ready for work and finally tired to put my shoes on. Surprise. They didn't fit. My foot wouldn't go in that at all and hurt like hell.
So I put some slip on's on and drove in. My leg hurt the whole way and i limped onto the ward feeling very foolish. FFS anyone would think I was 60 years old with ulcers or something.
My boss was lovely but said I couldn't work. Not like that. But I stayed for three hours sat down doing paperwork. Gradually word got round that I wasn't well and I was visited by loads of staff who all had a strong word with me
"why are you here"
"you should be home in bed"
"silly girl you need to go to casualty"
Finally I did go home. Yes, I did go see the doctor though the receptionist was hellishly reluctant to give me an appointment. She said I could have one but to expect to wait hours as they were busy with sick patients.
Great.
But luck was on my side. The GP on duty is the lush one, I used to work with him and he is fabulous. He called me in after only 10 minutes wait.
He said I have a very nasty wound infection and gave me antibiotics. He said I can't go to work. We also discussed all the other issues that had been bothering me. He was patient, kind, caring and treated me with respect.
As I left he called me back... "Go home and rest" he said "keep those legs up and rested".
Ok so I didn't vacuum today in Honour of Dr Darvill.
Abby's better today, still sore but she's brighter in herself and happier. School tomorrow.
Bailey has been running around the garden with a dried up melon skin all afternoon. She thinks it's her kill. The sun has upset her furry head.
It was 100 degrees in the garden at 4pm. Wow.
Legs are still swollen. Should I kick the bucket in the night, I want Kaiser Chiefs at the funeral ok? Plus ALL my online friends to come see me off.
Loves you
xxx

No comments: