Friday, June 03, 2005

Money confusion

I got sent home from work today. Actually they made me an appointment for the doctor and sent me home 40 minutes before it so I couldn't escape.
Why? I don't really know. I was quiet I think. Pale and had high blood pressure. I also couldn't remember the lock code to the staff room. I've worked there for years but the code is completely gone.
When I finally got home I had four letters from the bank. So I rang them (see I took some advice) and told them that I was a single mum, bi-polar a bit confused and was trying to sort stuff out but I couldn't understand these letters.
So she said, hang on. It appears we are charging bank charges on top of bank charges. They're taking money, then when there's not enough money to cover the direct debits charging another 40 quid on top. So she transferred me to another department. So I tell the tale again. All over. The man sounds disinterested, then at the end tells me it's the wrong department. So I started to cry and he transferred me to another department. So I tell it all over again. The guy looked at my account. Since May 14th they have charged me a whopping three hundred and eighty pounds in bank charges. I have no idea why. But he said hang on I'll see if I can sort it. Then he came back, he said he'd increased my overdraft by £380. That should cover it.
Then he asked me what I'd spent yesterday, seemed to tot something up. Gave me some figures and said thanks for calling.
I actually feel like sitting with a large bottle of wine and crying into the glass because my head is so mixed up. Everyone is worried about me, except me. I thought I was ok. I thought I was level this week.
Then I'm so confused about the bank.
Next week, I got to see the GP again, the psychiatrist and the cardiologist. Am I just some total car wreck? All those people, asking me questions and prying.
Gonna lie down now.
Sorry for being moany.
xxx

1 comment:

Jude said...

Evil bank.