Friday, July 01, 2005

Resume Positions

So it's still Friday. I'm building up to the BB eviction show tonight. Yay. Maxwell or Saskia (mebbe both)
Today I went and collected the printer. They mended it. Never said a word about what was wrong with it, just handed it over. So I gave them the laptop to see if they can make that fecking CDRW Door popping open. Nice men. Very nice men.
Then I had to go to Danz school for the 'very important parent meeting'
Very important my arse.
I thought they'd tell us stuff about uniform, times of school, meal times, this gate locking business.
Nope. It was a PR exercise in isn't Hartcliffe school fecking great. Complete with over head projector and a whining deputy head and brand new head of year 7 (who was pretty hot and I may have numerous problems to be resolved one to one heheheheh)
At one point she went on about Partnership with Parents/school and something about IT. Then she said...Mind the kids are far better on the computers. I still have to ask them which buttons to press. I thought WTF missus. Word processing and the internet is hardly fecking rocket science. Dim bitch.
The woman next to me's baby started yelling. She got it out of the pram and started to change a dirty nappy next to me. We were in the brand spanking new 3 million pound gymnasium. Never been used before (we all had to remove our shoes before entering. Imagine all those bare feet (foot fetish). I did smile to myself.
There was a mad scrabble for uniform, they've introduced a new school coat. An overcoat of black with the school logo on it. Apparently the only overgarment they're permitted to wear in the school gates. Piss off. FFS if I wanted Private school uniform I'd have sent them to bloody Collegiate or Red Maids. This is a school slap bang in the middle of a Council Estate. To be fair to them, I have very strong views on school uniform that maybe aren't uniform (ha) I participated in a big research project on uniform in work a few years back. But I digress.
Next week we have individual family interviews. Not to get to know us better...Oh no. But to sign the parent school agreement. To allow them to exclude kids who are bad and lock the gates at 8.30 am.
I have to say that since the headmaster of that school visited Danielle's Junior school, she's been frantic that she'd get detention. *Sigh.
Now I'm home. The front door lock is hanging off again (council work shite) won't shut properly. Yet it's now the weekend so I better sleep behind the door I guess zzzzzzzzzz
Danz is poorly. Laid on the sofa and her kindly patient mother is tending to her every need (not)
I got Sugar Rush (the book) The New Coldplay album and The New Gorrilaz album from Amazon. Yay. I sended one of my bestest buddies a pressie and that made me happy.
I'm looking forward to Live 8 tomorrow but, I have to say it. I see some pretty sad poverty around here too. Sad stuff. A girl I know has NOTHING in her cupboard to feed the kids. I whipped up a quick food parcel for her today. Bless.
Anyways you take care you lot and Keep the Faith.
xxx

No comments: