Monday, July 18, 2005

Big Mistake

I made mistake today. It was Danielle's school open evening. Mainly for kids starting there in September but also for the mums and grans etc to look around. I was going to go with my neighbour but she was having a melt down, then the ex rang. He wanted the kids. He said he'd take them to Asda and buy them something. The thought of an hour's peace was all too tempting. But I thought what about her open evening... I wasn't fussy really. She leaves in 4 days. I asked what time he was coming back and he got all moody and snappy and said it's his kids he'd bring them back when he was finished. So I told him about open evening and he said he wanted to go, he'd take her. As I don't want to be in the same building as him I decided to stay home.
When they got back Danz was agitated...Oh he'd bought her a scoubie book, ok.
But apparently the teachers were available to comment on the SAT results and reports. So EX had gone in as her 'parent'. He'd asked if Danz wears her purple dyslexia glasses he'd bought her. No, the teacher told him...She wasn't even aware she was dyslexic (she's a 6 week supply teacher......But still! FFS) Danz said, why do you think I go to special lessons then? She couldn't answer.
I inwardly groaned. That'll set him off.
Yes, within 5 minutes he was on the phone. Questions
Had I ever been in that school? (FFS does he think I'm an idiot)
Did I know what a good girl her teacher thinks she is? (umm yes)
Did I know her teacher didn't know she was dyslexic (obv. The extra help is doing it's job stuppo)
AND
Why am I covered in bruises? Has someone hit me? What's going on?
Now he'll have me down as being in a relationship with someone who hits me.
Thing is, if I thought he cared it wouldn't be so bad. But he doesn't care. He's just being nosey. Something else to write in his big black book he keeps on me.
"18th July 2005. Kids mother covered in big purple bruises, worried for kids safety".
I'm very down today.
One of those days.
I should have gone to Danz's evening myself.... Stupid, hopeless mother I am.
Oh yes...Abby? She took today off. Felt 'sick'
so we never went 4 weeks without a day off..We made three. I may as well just wear a tee-shirt. Crap Mother here ------->

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stupid helpless mothers don't do the good job you're doing with D and A babes. You had a day off, it was a great idea, deserved and perfectly reasonable.
The only downer on today was that HE is all the things you know he is ;) Dont beat yourself up about what is out of your control hunny.
*huge hugs for trin*
come on everyone, join in :)
*HUGS*

Jude said...

He should do a blog we could abuse him in the comments

truly27 said...

*HUGZ*

We think you are doing just fine Trin!

Spaceminx said...

((((Trin)))

Don't let the bastard grind you down.