Thursday, July 21, 2005

feck

I can't sleep. To start with next door were rowing, a blazing shouty argument. Then I started to think about work. And I couldn't stop. Today was actually fine but there's lots of minor political rows about whose job it is to do what.
Now when my own ward is open we don't have those problems. Either me George or the receptionist did the jobs between us with a little help from the secretaries if we got stuck. It was all friendly and very much the team working together for the good of the kids.
Now we're on the big ward, the workload is doubled and those jobs (which I admit aren't nursing things at all) are shared between us all, and they keep GETTING IT WRONG. 9 times out of 10 I then have to undo it all and start again. TBH They don't even know the half of what I do. That's ok...I like it. I feel needed and important.
But now the team are saying they can't cope and another system needs to be found and I think hang on a cotton picking minute you lot. WTF do you think I've been doing for years?
It's been racing round my head and on the way round the track picking up other shreds of discord and frustration.
And I started to cry and panic ...I'm working tomm have to get up at 7am feck feck feck.
I feel better now. I got tea and toast and I phoned work and luckily my mate was on and I ranted crazily for ten minutes and she told me to stop worrying about it. It's only a job and I should leave it at the ward door (hmph right... I think only me worries about anything)
Anyway it helped to talk.
And write to you my little blogger and to think I seriously was going to delete you earlier.
Fucking change of meds eh?
Crazy stupid ugly bitch.
Night
xxx

No comments: