Wednesday, April 19, 2006

send sympathy


Well I was in such a bad way earlier with the tooth, I phoned up the emergency access centre and got an appointment at 7 pm.
I saw a dentist from the dental hospital, he works in the medical school normally. Immediate respect and confidence.
He looked. X-rayed. Had a long conversation about appearance versus infection, pain and further damage and decided to clean out the root and inject antibiotics.
But as he started he groaned in dismay. The root was fractured into three small pieces and was moving in the gum bed, it was impossible to mend, so I had a further injection of lignocaine in the roof of my mouth and he dug the offending root out.
He was quick, professional and quite obviously did tons of stuff like that.
No fuss, end of root. He showed me the bits and the area of infection afterwards.
So now I have a tooth bed that will heal and I need a bridge made.
This will take several weeks, poor me. I won't be able to smile for weeks. Good job I'm a miserable bitch isn't it?
I want a hug.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Squeeze*

That's a hug BTW ;)

Anonymous said...

*Squeeze*

That's a hug BTW ;)

Anonymous said...

*hugzez n hugzez*

XXX